(Case Sensitive)
Not registered? Sign Up
Forgot Email ID or Reset Password »

Help Desk

Help is available via the e-mail and phone numbers below.

  • Hours Of Operation: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST, Monday - Friday, except on Federal holidays.
  • Toll-Free:1-888-336-8930
  • TTY:1-800-877-8339
  • Local:202-401-6238
  • Email:obssed@servicenowservices.com


News and Events

05/27/22 Entity Registration Guidance for System for Award Management (SAM) - The System for Award Management (SAM.gov), operated by the General Services Administration, is working to improve their entity validation process. As part of this, SAM.gov has consolidated and updated their Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). In addition to general information about the validation process, these FAQs provide guidance for creating incidents and submitting documentation. The FAQs can be found here. more »
03/09/22 Awards connected to DUNS numbers not registered in SAM.gov will be placed on stop payment starting March 25. - In preparation for the mandatory DUNS to Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) cutover, all awards connected to DUNS numbers that do not have a corresponding UEI in SAM.gov will be placed on stop payment at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, March 25th, 2022 to allow for all refunds to be processed before cutting over to the mandatory UEI.

In addition, the Create Refunds functionality will be disabled at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, March 25th, 2022 to allow for all refunds to be processed before cutting over to the mandatory UEI. The system will resume taking refunds on Monday, April 4, 2022 at 6 a.m. ET.

As a reminder, on April 4th, a UEI will be required to process transactions in G5, including payments and refunds. For more information about this change, refer to the UEI Transition Fact Sheet.
more »
10/20/21 G5 to replace DUNS numbers with UEI in April - All entities that want to do business with the federal government must first obtain a DUNS number. The DUNS number is the current unique identifier that the government uses to verify an entity. On April 4, 2022, the U.S. Government will switch from using the DUNS number to a new Unique Entity ID in SAM.gov (System for Award Management), also known as a UEI. All GSA Integrated Award Environment (IAE) systems such as SAM, FPDSNG, eSRS, FSRS, FAPIIS, and CPARS will require the use of the UEI after April 4, 2022. more »
07/22/21 Paper forms no longer required for G5 access - The U.S. Department of Education no longer requires grant recipients to send paper copies of completed forms related to the Payee role in G5. Instead, the forms should be scanned or filled out electronically and emailed to edcaps.user@ed.gov. Completed forms must bear the required signatures and be notarized (or, in lieu of notarization, contain a seal or stamp from the grantee organization, or be accompanied by a letter on letterhead from the Senior Officer who signs the authorization section). The G5 Payee Access Request Form is used to obtain Payee access (ability to draw funds from grant awards) or make changes to an existing Payee account. If you have questions, please email edcaps.user@ed.gov or call 888-336-8930. more »
11/30/20 Returning Interest earned on Department of Education grant awards - Interest earned on Federal grant awards, such as Department of Education awards, must be sent to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This can be done via Automated Clearing House (ACH) Direct Deposit, Fedwire, or check. Please follow the below instructions for the method used when returning interest earned on Department of Education grants. more »

G5 Web Site Hours of Operation

Below are the days and times that the G5 web site is available. Please note that all times are in Eastern time.

G5 Hours of Operation in Eastern Time
Sun. Mon. Tues. Wed. Thur. Fri. Sat.
Unavailable from 03:00PM - 11:59PM Unavailable from 12:00AM - 06:00AM Available 24 hours Unavailable from 09:00PM - 11:59PM Unavailable from 12:00AM - 06:00AM Available 24 hours Available 24 hours

G5 Version:6.14.00

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q. What is G5?

A. G5 is the Department of ....

more »

Q. What information does a grant ...?

A. A grant award number is ....

more »